WELCOME TO CATALYST GROUP
- Chemistry. a substance that causes or accelerates a chemical reaction without itself being affected.
- something that causes activity between two or more persons or forces without itself being affected.
- a person or thing that precipitates an event or change
- a person whose talk, enthusiasm, or energy causes others to be more friendly, enthusiastic, or energetic.
I believe the definition in 3 and 4 above is the essence of who Catalyst Group is and what we are about. We started Catalyst Group 01 December 2003 with the aim of precipitating change to the small independent broker. Our aim was to provide them with the products and service in the short-term industry to take on the larger broking houses - to add another string to their bow. This certainly has been achieved with over 100 brokers on our platform.
- Stephen Hanssen (MD Catalyst Group)
- Registered as Catalyst Insurance Consultants (Pty) Ltd.
- Approved by the Financial Services Board (FSP 18102)
- Member of the Financial Intermediaries Association and supporter of their code of conduct.
- Employment equity is key to Catalyst Group's philosophies with an emphasis on employing persons from the previously disadvantaged community to fill the majority of the positions. Catalyst Group will always maintain employment practices that are representative of the demographics of South Africa.
- Chartis Insurance underwrites their Professional Indemnity insurance.
The financial services industry is continuously changing to meet the needs of a demanding public. So
to is the short-term insurance market. Catalyst Group are leaders in developing products and sourcing
products for their partners.
Catalyst Group provides the small independent brokers with the following services:
- Complete short-term insurance administration on a tried and tested IT platform
- Technical support and expertise in pitching for new business, client reviews and market exercises
- Access to multi insurers
- Advice and expertise with regards to managing their portfolios and portfolio purchase
- Creating solutions for FSP’s unable to get their RE qualifications